Interim Director, Human Resources
Posted Pay Range:
$15.52 - $19.40 per hour
College of Western Idaho values work-life balance. Taking care of today's needs is as important as planning for the future. Our total compensation for benefited employees, includes health and retirement plans (employer generous contributions), paid time off, opportunities to continue and/or pursue personal development, and much more. For additional details visit Office of Group Insurance.
The College of Western Idaho (CWI) expands learning and life opportunities, encourages individual advancement, contributes to Idaho’s economic growth, strengthens community prosperity, and develops leaders.
We are a comprehensive community college providing higher education programs. We offer a full range of academic and career-technical courses leading to an Associate of Arts or Science degree, Associate of Applied Science degrees, continuing education, and certifications. CWI also offers Basic Skills Education to help prepare for a GED, Dual Credit for high school students, and fast-track career training for working professionals.
At CWI we are proud of our talented and dedicated faculty and staff. Our employees have an opportunity to make a difference in students’ lives every day. We are excited for you to join us and share our passion for higher education.
This position contributes to the College Western Idaho’s success by providing support of day-to-day human resource operations. The incumbent will perform a variety of confidential duties that involve multi-tasking with efficiency, and maintaining accuracy. The HR Coordinator is responsible for consistently providing excellent customer service, to include fostering positive relationships with individuals and departments supported by the HR function. The HR Coordinator acts out of an internal sense of urgency and takes ownership of their work and understands how their efforts tie into the success of the department to deliver operational excellence.
• Greet and direct visitors and students in a professional, pleasant manner.
• Answer employee and customer inquiries (phone, email, web, in-person) on a variety of
HR topics by accessing information in multiple HR systems or directing to the appropriate
• Respond to internal and external HR-related inquiries and provides assistance.
• Facilitate an excellent employee onboarding experience including student employees.
Coordinate and conduct new employee orientation.
• Review employee benefit and retirement applications for accuracy. Assists with benefits
related questions and participates in annual open enrollment process.
• Provide support for training events held by HR and through LMS including scheduling,
tracking, and reporting.
• Assists with the coordination of the annual performance review process.
• Responds to verification of employment requests.
• Approves and processes employee tuition waivers
• Oversees the payment of invoices and investigates and resolves reports of past due
• Updates and maintains the Human Resources website.
• Coordinate yearly service award process
• Provide project support to HR functional areas to include preparation, data collection,
report creation and distribution as requested by HR team
• Order and maintain supplies and equipment for office area
• Organize meetings and make travel arrangements for HR staff
• Executes special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
• Associates degree in related field preferred.
• 3 years of direct human resources experience. Experience in conducting new employee
• Strong experience with MS Office Suite. HRIS experience a plus.
• Must be able to handle a busy office, with multiple phone lines and constant traffic while
remaining calm and staying engaged.
• Delivers effective communications; verbally, written, and over the phone
• Exercises discretion and diplomacy at all times. Works independently within scope of
responsibilities; anticipates problems, and uses sound judgment to act appropriately.
• Good knowledge of office support functions including filing; reception; gathering and
compiling data, and balancing and coordinating a workload for multiple projects.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
Additional Application Requirements:
Please include a cover letter.