Supervisor, Adult Basic Education
Posted Pay Range:
$20.40 - $25.49 per hour
The College of Western Idaho (CWI) is committed to empowering students to succeed by providing affordable and accessible education to advance the local and global workforce.
Offering premier programs and degrees that make a difference, CWI remains a top choice for higher education in the Treasure Valley. Empowering the community one student at a time, CWI moves fearlessly forward paving the way to bold new futures with flexible options, exceptional tuition value, and support every step of the way.
Visit cwi.edu/about-cwi to learn more.
This position is responsible for providing basic skills instruction to Job Corps students.
• Provides educational instruction for students individually, virtually, and/or in a classroom setting in the areas of mathematics, language skills, reading comprehension, science, social studies, and government in conjunction with life skills curriculum.
• Provides individualized and classroom basic and life skills instruction.
• Plans individual student activities based on level of entry.
• Records student attendance and educational activities.
• Administers appropriate assessments to measure student gains.
• Organizes and maintains students’ files and keeps documentation up-to-date.
• Attends staff meetings and training's as assigned.
• Conveys by words and action the values expected by CWI.
• Conveys by words and action the values expected by CWI
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and assigned.
• 4-year degree
• K-12 teacher certification preferred
• TESOL certification preferred
• Master’s degree preferred
• Must be able to provide own means of transportation to various locations throughout the day.
Additional Instructions for Applicants:
We are looking to put together a team with strengths in the following areas: language arts, math, and special education.
• Location: Adult Ed classes are held at Centennial Job Corps in Nampa
• Schedule: Monday through Friday from 8:45 am - 4:30 pm year-round, except for Summer Break, Thanksgiving Break, Winter Break, and Spring Break. Team members may cover up to 19.5 hours of classes.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other applicable legally protected status.