The College of Western Idaho (CWI) is committed to empowering students to succeed by providing affordable and accessible education to advance the local and global workforce.
Offering premier programs and degrees that make a difference, CWI remains a top choice for higher education in the Treasure Valley. Empowering the community one student at a time, CWI moves fearlessly forward paving the way to bold new futures with flexible options, exceptional tuition value, and support every step of the way.
Visit cwi.edu/about-cwi to learn more.
Seeking adjunct faculty to teach various Chemistry courses which include lectures and labs. Adjunct faculty members teach contracted classes in accordance with established policies and guidelines. To reach a broad range of students, CWI encourages exploring alternative teaching styles and methods. Courses will be taught in traditional classroom settings, in computer-mediated classrooms, and over the internet. This position includes classes taught in the evenings/weekends and when necessary, at the College’s off-campus centers.
• Teaches contracted credit load of courses in accordance with the descriptions published in the CWI catalog
• Utilizes outcomes assessment measures
• Participates in instructional evaluation processes
• Meets all scheduled classes promptly with any deviation being filed promptly and accurately through the appropriate channels
• Monitors student placement in courses and student progress; maintains accurate records
• Demonstrates sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability backgrounds of community college students
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Master’s degree in a related field of study, with a minimum of 12 graduate credits in the discipline
• Experience teaching secondary level students in field of study. Three years of experience teaching field of study at post-secondary level preferred. Successful experience teaching at a community college or with adult learners is also preferred.
• Ability to adapt to a variety of teaching methodologies including lectures, group activities, individual instruction, distance learning, and teaching with technology
• Ability to demonstrate commitment to professional growth and development
• Ability to advise students
• Proficiency in usage of internet, email, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software applications
• Experience using instructional technology preferred
Additional Instructions for Applicants:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other applicable legally protected status.