Posted Pay Range:
$14.14 - $17.67 per hour
The College of Western Idaho (CWI) is committed to empowering students to succeed by providing affordable and accessible education to advance the local and global workforce.
Offering premier programs and degrees that make a difference, CWI remains a top choice for higher education in the Treasure Valley. Empowering the community one student at a time, CWI moves fearlessly forward paving the way to bold new futures with flexible options, exceptional tuition value, and support every step of the way.
Visit cwi.edu/about-cwi to learn more.
Responsible for assisting Adult Education teachers in either online or in-person class. Class days, times and meeting frequency vary according to specific assignment.
• Assists with instruction for students in a classroom setting in math, science, reading, writing, and computer skills for, but not limited to, the GED tests
• Works with supervisor and a lead teacher to meet educational outcomes, including instruction, assessment, and other metrics, as established by state and federal funding sources.
• Collaborates with lead teachers to deliver instruction that meets the educational needs of students in class.
• Assists with the implementation of lesson plans created by a lead teacher for each class.
• Assists lead teacher in retention efforts, following established guidelines for contacting students.
• Helps record student attendance and tracks student outcomes.
• Assists with orientation, intake, registration, and testing, if requested.
• Attends staff meetings and training as assigned.
• Conveys by words and actions the values expected by CWI.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Students majoring in education, psychology, or social work strongly preferred.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Experience working with multilingual learners in a culturally diverse, trauma-informed setting is strongly preferred.
Additional Instructions for Applicants:
Successful candidates are required to reside in Idaho by the first day of work for the College of Western Idaho.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other applicable legally protected status.