Executive Director, Human Resources
Posted Pay Range:
$18.41 - $27.62 per hour
The College of Western Idaho is committed to offering a competitive benefits package with affordable and robust benefit options:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans range from $25 - $299 per month with deductibles as low as $350!
- Premiums depend on the plan type and the number of dependents on the plan
- For more information on health insurance, including coverage details and plan summaries, visit www.OGI.Idaho.gov
The College of Western Idaho (CWI) is committed to empowering students to succeed by providing affordable and accessible education to advance the local and global workforce.
Offering premier programs and degrees that make a difference, CWI remains a top choice for higher education in the Treasure Valley. Empowering the community one student at a time, CWI moves fearlessly forward paving the way to bold new futures with flexible options, exceptional tuition value, and support every step of the way.
Visit cwi.edu/about-cwi to learn more.
Under the leadership of the Executive Director of Human Resources, will work with HR department team members, Idaho Office of Group Insurance, and benefit providers to coordinate benefits and leave of absence activities. Primary responsibilities include conducting benefits orientation, addressing benefits-related questions, on-boarding/off-boarding of employees, managing employees with leave of absences, including consulting with managers about FMLA and ADA eligibility and management.
• Primary contact for routine benefit inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefit enrollments, status changes, and other general matters. Escalates more complex inquiries as appropriate to third-party vendors. Serves as the day-to-day contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
• Identify, analyze, recommend, communicate, and manage the implementation of solutions to employee benefits-related issues or problems that negatively impact employee experience.
• Serves as the primary point of contact for all leaves of absence and related processes.
• Oversees integration of leaves (i.e. Worker’s compensation with FMLA) and integration with other functions (benefits during LOA, payroll, etc.). Provides total leave of absence claim management, from first notice and intake to closure.
• Acts as a subject matter expert and resource to supervisors, colleagues, or physicians regarding accommodation/work restriction issues and processes.
• Receives and reviews medical information for non-disability temporary and permanent accommodation requests as well as for disability-related accommodations.
• Approves and/or negotiates accommodations as written; renegotiates reasonable alternative accommodations, or denies restrictions based on lack of supporting documentation through correspondence with physician, colleague, department, and other key stakeholders.
• Maintains regular contact with colleagues, employees, managers, health care providers, and other key stakeholders regarding progress and status of accommodations; assists in the resolution of any challenges related to the accommodations.
• Adheres to all medical and legal regulations and accreditation standards.
• Ensures compliance with applicable governmental regulations.
• Prepares data for required deadlines and filings.
• Partners with third-party benefit vendors to schedule the annual open enrollment process, benefits communications, health and wellness, and other applicable initiatives.
• Designs and delivers training to managers about benefits and their supportive role.
• Assists with monthly new hire orientation and benefits fairs
• Ensures monthly and annual hours reporting for ACA is completed and audited and that employees are enrolled and unenrolled appropriately.
• Provide timely and responsive customer experience by demonstrating a continuous effort to improve resources and tools, and operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly.
• Ensure training and communications materials are up to date, partnering with internal and external resources as required.
• Participate in the completion of benefit surveys.
• Monitor benefit trends while remaining in compliance with ACA, FMLA, ADA, HIPAA, COBRA, and other applicable benefits legislation.
• Ensure that all US Benefit policies, procedures, handbook, and plan documentation are current and compliant.
• Reviews guidelines for eligibility resulting in accurate eligibility decisions.
• Two years of benefits, health and welfare plan, or equivalent human resource experience required.
• Basic knowledge of compliance is required. Understanding of pertinent federal and state regulations and filings including ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, Qualified Medical Child Support Orders, disability, Workers Compensation, Medicare, and Social Security, 5500’s, and DOL.
• In-depth knowledge of the Family Medical Leave Act, Military Leaves, and other applicable federal and state laws, as well as company leave policies. Must be a proactive problem solver and team player who is detail-oriented and flexible; a self-starter requiring minimal supervision with the ability to support requests from multiple directions.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters appropriately.
• Demonstrated ability to be organized, multi-task and prioritize.
• Must possess basic analytical skills.
• Computer proficiency. Microsoft Excel and Word experience required.
• Demonstrated written verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Additional Instructions for Applicants:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other applicable legally protected status.