11 months paid over 12 months
Posted Pay Range:
$55,299- $69,124 per year
The College of Western Idaho is committed to offering a competitive benefits package with affordable and robust benefit options:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans range from $25 - $299 per month with deductibles as low as $350!
- Premiums depend on the plan type and the number of dependents on the plan
- For more information on health insurance, including coverage details and plan summaries, visit www.OGI.Idaho.gov
The College of Western Idaho (CWI) is committed to empowering students to succeed by providing affordable and accessible education to advance the local and global workforce.
Offering premier programs and degrees that make a difference, CWI remains a top choice for higher education in the Treasure Valley. Empowering the community one student at a time, CWI moves fearlessly forward paving the way to bold new futures with flexible options, exceptional tuition value, and support every step of the way.
Visit cwi.edu/about-cwi to learn more.
Faculty members teach assigned classes in accordance with the College’s established policies and guidelines, assist in student advising, fulfill committee assignments, perform various institutional and community support activities, and perform responsibilities as assigned. Full-time faculty may be assigned to teach at any time on any of our campuses.
Instructors at CWI are expected to focus on mastering disciplinary content, developing and strengthening their ability to prepare and present instructional materials, and assessing student performance. Instructors are focusing on inclusive student-centered pedagogy and familiarizing themselves with the college, its resources, systems, and departmental curriculum in order to facilitate student success and persistence across the student lifecycle. Professional development at the rank of instructor focuses on student achievement. Instructors are engaged in the institution in areas where their participation and skill set has the greatest potential for impact on the success of students.
• Develop and maintain inclusive, student-centered pedagogy to meet the unique needs of CWI’s diverse community college population.
• Focus on continuous improvement of course curriculum, content delivery, assessment, and responsiveness to students.
• Establish and maintain a record of teaching excellence.
• Assist in the development and/or revision of curriculum at the course level.
• Develop professional relationships to familiarize oneself with the college, its resources, and systems.
• Engage in service activities that support student and personal success.
• Become conversant with department/program-level initiatives.
• Understand and engage with planning and/or assessment at department/program level.
• Work with supervisors to determine how one’s professional expertise and interests contribute to student and personal success.
• Master’s degree from accredited institution.
• Hold an Idaho Occupational Specialist Certification or have a willingness to work with Idaho’s Career and Technical Education department to obtain one within 3 years of employment at CWI.
• Experience teaching classes at the post-secondary level in the field of study. Three years of experience preferred.
• Willingness to work cooperatively, communicate clearly, and be a team player.
• Ability to adapt to a variety of teaching methodologies including lectures, group activities, individual instruction, distance learning, and teaching with technology.
• Commitment to professional growth and development.
• Ability to advise students.
• Proficiency in usage of internet, email, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software applications.
• Demonstrated commitment to teaching at a community college or with adult learners preferred.
• Demonstrated service to an institution of higher learning preferred.
• Experience using instructional technology to deliver courses online preferred
Additional Instructions for Applicants:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other applicable legally protected status.