The College of Western Idaho (CWI) is committed to empowering students to succeed by providing affordable and accessible education to advance the local and global workforce.
Offering premier programs and degrees that make a difference, CWI remains a top choice for higher education in the Treasure Valley. Empowering the community one student at a time, CWI moves fearlessly forward paving the way to bold new futures with flexible options, exceptional tuition value, and support every step of the way.
Visit cwi.edu/about-cwi to learn more.
The Adjunct Nursing Faculty is a member of the College of Western Idaho Nursing Program and is primarily responsible for teaching students in a designated area of specialization. As appropriate, this position participates in orientation activities related to clinical teaching, clinical faculty team meetings, and has responsibility for determining grades (Pass/Fail) for clinical course requirements based on course objectives and criteria defined in the course syllabus. The position under 50% workload works directly with the full-time credentialed nursing faculty person responsible for coordinating the course in which the faculty member is assigned to teach.
• Teach contracted credit load of courses in accordance with the descriptions published in the CWI catalog
• Utilize outcomes assessment measures
• Participates in instructional evaluation processes
• Meet all scheduled classes promptly with any deviations promptly and accurately communicated through the appropriate channels
• Monitor and record student progress, maintain accurate records and adhere to the College of Western Idaho’s deadlines for such procedures
• Demonstrate sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability backgrounds of community college students
• Demonstrate effective teaching as evidenced by student learning/success and student evaluations of faculty.
• Be present onsite when clinical hours are scheduled.
• Participate in Program activities as appropriate, especially in orientation to course tools/requirements and simulation clinical.
• Apply appropriate policies and regulations within the clinical agency, Nursing Program, Department, and College.
• Participate in activities promoting personal and professional educational growth as noted in annual update of resume/vita to include continuing education and professional development activities.
• Maintain clinical expertise for teaching nursing.
• Be responsible in following course grading criteria as provided by cohort coordinator.
• Be a role model of professional nursing for students.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing for clinical/lab instruction. A Master's degree or enrollment in a Master’s Program is preferred for clinical/lab instruction. A Master's degree is required for classroom instruction.
• Current unencumbered Licensure as a Registered Nurse in Idaho.
• Demonstrates competence in the specific clinical practice area(s).
• Teaching experience in nursing education is preferred.
Additional Instructions for Applicants:
Successful candidates must reside in Idaho by the first day of work for the College of Western Idaho.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other applicable legally protected status.