Assistant Director, Student Engagement
Posted Pay Range:
$36,395.00 - $45,494.00 per year
College of Western Idaho values work-life balance. Taking care of today's needs is as important as planning for the future. Our total compensation for benefited employees, includes health and retirement plans (employer generous contributions), paid time off, opportunities to continue and/or pursue personal development, and much more. For additional details visit Office of Group Insurance.
The College of Western Idaho (CWI) expands learning and life opportunities, encourages individual advancement, contributes to Idaho’s economic growth, strengthens community prosperity, and develops leaders.
We are a comprehensive community college providing higher education programs. We offer a full range of academic and career-technical courses leading to an Associate of Arts or Science degree, Associate of Applied Science degrees, continuing education, and certifications. CWI also offers Basic Skills Education to help prepare for a GED, Dual Credit for high school students, and fast-track career training for working professionals.
At CWI we are proud of our talented and dedicated faculty and staff. Our employees have an opportunity to make a difference in students’ lives every day. We are excited for you to join us and share our passion for higher education.
The Coordinator, Student Leadership & Programs is responsible for the daily management and oversight of the operations of CWI’s student government and leadership education and contributes to CWI’s student success goals by supporting students’ intellectual, social, and core skills development. The Coordinator is responsible for the development of large-scale leadership development through direct program execution, advising the Associated Students of the College of Western Idaho, and through support & development of Registered Student Clubs. The Coordinator cultivates relationships with individual students, student clubs and organizations, faculty, staff, and attends to student developmental issues through formal and informal means. The Coordinator will provide strong leadership and excellent customer service to the CWI community and will assist the Assistant Director of Student Engagement in effectively managing student government, as well as club and organization budgets, developing/implementing programs, and coordinating information related to student affairs programs, public speaking, training other staff, and representing student needs/issues on various college committees, and fostering a culture of quality and excellence.
• Coordinate and implement Student Engagement office programs such as the Leadership Certificate Program, Student Government Elections, and heritage programs.
• Create and implement a variety of leadership opportunities.
• Create and complete performance evaluations and corrective action with supervised student leaders and student employees.
• Design and present workshops, retreats and trainings for students.
• Create effective marketing strategies to promote programs and events sponsored by Student Engagement.
• Provide functional event support and management for Student Engagement events.
• Design, plan and execute one large-scale program or event each semester.
• Develop and Advise the Associated Students of the College of Western Idaho
• Supervise one or more Student Marketing Assistants
• Manages club and organization budgets
• Facilitates fundraising activities for student clubs and organization ensuring compliance with published policies and procedures.
• Makes travel arrangements for students and advisors travelling to conferences/events.
• Coordinate and implement annual student resource fairs.
• Manage the development of new and renewed clubs and organizations.
• Lead the orientation and training process for new student clubs and organizations.
• Support advisors of recognized student clubs/organizations.
• Provide club/organization training to student leaders and club/organization advisors.
Student Affairs Support:
• Collaborates and provides support within the CWI community in support of retention and building comprehensive and engaging learning environments that support the intellectual, social, psychological, leadership, and recreational development of a diverse student population.
• Works closely and independently with other CWI departments, faculty, and staff to promote student involvement and provides operational support to club/organization advisors and leaders:
o Coordinates with club/organization leaders as well as Student Affairs staff to ensure that clubs/organizations are aware of and following CWI policy, processes, and procedures.
o Assists assistant director with and may attend Alternative Spring Breaks (ASBs)
o Assists with and may attend Service Projects as a part of the co-curricular experience
• Assists with the planning and execution of New Student Orientation
• Serves as a student conduct hearing officer, as needed
• Participates in Leadership, Engagement and Orientation events
• This position may require the ability to travel, drive, load and transport materials, displays and other equipment (lifting in excess of 50 lbs.) and may require extended working hours at varied locations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in education or related field; Master’s degree preferred
• 2 years professional experience in student life/affairs (may include assistantships)
• Strong cross-cultural interpersonal and writing skills are necessary, including public speaking skills and the ability to represent the college in a positive way to diverse populations.
• Experience with student activities, clubs and organizations preferred
• Experience with student leadership development preferred
• Experience recruiting, supervising, and training student leaders preferred
• Experience working in a community college setting, serving a diverse, non-traditional student population preferred
• Experience with Ellucian (Datatel) Colleague ERP or other major ERP systems preferred
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred