Supervisor, English as a Second Language
Posted Pay Range:
$20.40 - $25.49 per hour
The College of Western Idaho (CWI) is committed to empowering students to succeed by providing affordable and accessible education to advance the local and global workforce.
Offering premier programs and degrees that make a difference, CWI remains a top choice for higher education in the Treasure Valley. Empowering the community one student at a time, CWI moves fearlessly forward paving the way to bold new futures with flexible options, exceptional tuition value, and support every step of the way.
Visit cwi.edu/about-cwi to learn more.
This position is responsible for providing basic skills instruction to Adult Education (AE) students as described by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act (WIOA). The Community Learning Center (CLC) is an independent study lab that also serves as the hub for our Basic Skills Education programs. CLC staff greet present and future students, assess, advise, enroll student in ESL and basic skills programs, share college and community resources, and tutor students in various subjects including English language acquisition, digital literacy, and pre-college math, reading, writing, social studies, science.
• Greet current and potential students
• Answer questions about Adult Basic Skills programs and help students locate appropriate community and college resources as appropriate
• Administer assessments following testing protocols
• Help students enroll in appropriate courses of study
• Organize and maintain student files and keep documentation up-to-date
• Teach students in a lab setting, including small group and individual study, in the areas of English language acquisition, digital literacy, and pre-college math, reading, writing, social studies, and science.
• Track student attendance and educational activities
• Communicate effectively with coworkers, supervisors, and students
• Attend staff meetings and complete training as assigned
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed and assigned
• Conveys by words and action the values expected by CWI
• Bachelor’s degree in the Education field preferred
• Experience teaching adult basic education preferred
• Must have reliable transportation
• Experience with Learning Management Systems such as Blackboard, Google Classroom, Canvas preferred
• Experience teaching digital literacy skills to English language learners and adult learners preferred
Additional Instructions for Applicants:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other applicable legally protected status.