Posted Pay Range:
$14.84 - $18.55 per hour
The College of Western Idaho (CWI) is committed to empowering students to succeed by providing affordable and accessible education to advance the local and global workforce.
Offering premier programs and degrees that make a difference, CWI remains a top choice for higher education in the Treasure Valley. Empowering the community one student at a time, CWI moves fearlessly forward paving the way to bold new futures with flexible options, exceptional tuition value, and support every step of the way.
Visit cwi.edu/about-cwi to learn more.
This is a part time position, 6 hours per week, for the Fall and Spring Semester. The primary role of this position is to support the Instructor in assisting the students in chairside Dental Assisting skills.
• Create an engaging and safe learning environment by assisting the instructor in teaching dental assisting skills to students. These skills include but are not limited to:
o Passing instruments
o Infection control procedures
o Brushing and flossing techniques
o Administration of fluoride treatments
o Taking and documenting vitals
o Topical anesthetic
o Preparing and passing the anesthetic syringe
o Taking alginate impressions
o Assisting in amalgam and composite procedures
• Conveys by words and action the values expected by CWI
• Current CDA certification
• Certified in CPR and First Aid
• Assisted in the dental profession for 1 year
• Completed a course in education methodology
Additional Instructions for Applicants:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other applicable legally protected status.