Director, Business & Manufacturing Programs
Posted Pay Range:
$18.00-$30.00 per hour
The College of Western Idaho (CWI) expands learning and life opportunities, encourages individual advancement, contributes to Idaho’s economic growth, strengthens community prosperity, and develops leaders.
We are a comprehensive community college providing higher education programs. We offer a full range of academic and career-technical courses leading to an Associate of Arts or Science degree, Associate of Applied Science degrees, continuing education, and certifications. CWI also offers Basic Skills Education to help prepare for a GED, Dual Credit for high school students, and fast-track career training for working professionals.
At CWI we are proud of our talented and dedicated faculty and staff. Our employees have an opportunity to make a difference in students’ lives every day. We are excited for you to join us and share our passion for higher education.
A Workforce Development instructor will be expected to effectively demonstrate support of program education; provide a positive, supportive, and professional atmosphere for students and instructors; provide a positive and encouraging atmosphere for individuals in achieving their goal of successfully completing their program of study. In addition, the instructor will contribute to the effectiveness and quality of the program; and provide constructive, supportive behavioral feedback to improve the quality of education and customer service.
Instructors teach assigned classes in accordance with established policies and guidelines.
• Deliver the approved course of study as outlined in the syllabus, maintaining a student-oriented approach to education.
• Prepare and/or gather current instructional materials and equipment and use available technological equipment and methods for delivery.
• Provide individual and group instruction.
• Modify instructional material and methods based on program coordinator assessments and feedback.
• Implement & evaluate new instructional technologies.
• Evaluate student learning and teaching effectiveness through written, oral, practical and/or performance testing, ensuring that what is taught is what is evaluated.
• Provide frequent feedback to students regarding individual progress in each course.
• Manage and supervise students in all assigned classroom and laboratory activities (substitute personnel must be approved by Program Manager).
• Maintain discipline in the classroom and laboratory.
• Recommend and assist Program Coordinator/Program Manager in preparing curriculum revisions.
• Work with advisory committee and program coordinator to meet changing needs of the program and industry.
• Attend and participate in scheduled meetings.
• Maintain current knowledge of technology in the field.
• Plumbing Journeyman License from the State of Idaho
• Train the trainer, Teacher training course, or equivalent. Can be provided upon employment.
• Degree in related discipline or equivalent experience.
• Training and specialized knowledge in the Plumbing field
• Work experience related to instruction
• Strong familiarity with technician training needs
• Knowledge of adult learning methodology
• Industry-specific certification if applicable
• Ability to adapt to a variety of teaching methodologies including lectures, group activities, individual instruction, distance learning, and teaching with technology
• Ability to demonstrate commitment to professional growth and development
• Proficiency in usage of internet, email, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software applications
• 6 years of experience in the field.
Additional Instructions for Applicants:
If you have any questions about this position please contact Steve Bennett, Plumbing Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-562-2164.
All applicants must provide a resume and proof of either education or work experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.